PR Case Studies
HJ-PR was tasked with supporting Sprayground’s ongoing news stream with top tier PR placements around new launches, collaborations and business profiles.
We developed a bespoke media relations program focusing on national, consumer, lifestyle and business publications. We got product in the hands of the most influential journalists and influencers.
- Press has included traditional print, online and seasonal gift guides, in target fashion, music and business publications.
- Top tier business profiles, including New York Times, Los Angeles Times and Forbes.
- Top tier fashion outlets, including WWD, MR Mag, HybeBae and TMRW.
Russian Standard Vodka
HJ-PR was tasked with supporting the Russian Standard Vodka portfolio, including Russian Standard Original, Platinum and their ready-to-drink canned Moscow Mule cocktail, with an ongoing news stream and press cycle.
We developed a bespoke media relations program, targeted at national, local and consumer lifestyle press. We created bespoke PR packs of each liquor for top editors across key titles, ensuring the best product in hand, which sparked conversation and features. We also created a key date calendar, ensuring press hits for each date throughout the year.
- Over 40 pieces of covers, averaging 4x a month of top tier press across digital and radio.
- Overall audience of 600 million.
- Top tier outlets, including Forbes, Town & Country, The Independent, Spy, InsideHook, Eater and Uproxx.
HJ-PR was tasked with constructing a 12-month strategy across PR, Influencer Marketing and Social Media, including press across national and local key states, a steady flow of paid influencer partnerships and creating a social media page from scratch.
We developed a 360 approach, ensuring alignment across all three elements of the program. We created a bespoke media program, targeting national, local and consumer lifestyle press. We created bespoke PR packs of each holiday for top editors across key titles as well as hyper-targeted influencers, ensuring the best product in hand, which sparked conversation, features and Instagram reels and posts. We also created a key date calendar, ensuring press hits for each key calendar date throughout the year. All of this work was reflected across social media.
- Over 100 pieces of coverage, averaging x9 per month.
- Overall audience of 750 million+.
- 100+ UGC pieces.
- Worked with over 50 different hyper targeted influencers in the wine industry.
HJ-PR was tasked with launching the Remilia brand into the US through lifestyle and national press, promoting its biodegradable and sustainable hair serum and hair mask.
We initially created bespoke gifting boxes for top tier media and conducted desk side meetings with editors, for a more personal touch and approach. We split the outreach into two launches, the first the ‘Cosmocap’ serum capsules and the second, the ‘Green Coco Hair Mask’. In addition we supported them on the affiliate media side, placing them on a number of listicles and gift guides for key dates throughout the years, including Valentine’s Day, Summer Hair round ups, Black Friday/Cyber Monday, and so on.
- Press has included online, seasonal gift guides, listicles and targeted features across key fashion & beauty and lifestyle outlets, including;
- OK! Magazine, StyleCaster, InStyle, Yahoo!, Bustle, Romper and Galore.
HJ-PR was tasked with supporting the launch of VFC into the US market through targeted and thoughtful press placements across key Vegan and Veggie news, as well as consumer and trade press.
Supported the launch with two main focuses, initially the trade launch, announcing the landing of VFC to supermarkets and restaurants, with a trade focused press release, as well as supporting their first ever Expo West with a private press and influencer event to introduce writers and consumers first hand to VFC. Once the brand started landing top listings in supermarkets, we began the consumer launch, where we created bespoke press boxes that included a selection of all three products VFC has to offer, with a discount code to purchase more. After the initial launches, we drew up a plan for the rest of the year, ensuring we hit let calendar dates, including Super Bowl Sunday, Memorial Day, July 4th, Thanksgiving, etc.
- 4x pieces of press on average per month from top tier media.
- Overall audience of 360 million+.
- Top tier press engaged, including; AdWeek, Business Insider, Vox, MSN, The Manual and InsideHook, to name a few.
- 2x press & influencer events managed by HJ-PR, including Expo West and Expo East.
- Assisted in 1x listing for the brand at the famous ‘Pop Up Grocery’.
HJ-PR was challenged with creating noise in the men’s consumer lifestyle space, with a hyper focus on gift guides and listicles for Beckett Simonon’s luxury bespoke men’s shoes.
Firstly, curated a 6-month strategy, whereby we hit each season, new launch, and key calendar date with a strategic press release, with samples available to each new launch. Worked closely with editors to determine their forward feature calendars so we were able to offer the perfect fit to their upcoming articles.
- 115 pieces secured in 12 months, averaging nine pieces per month.
- Overall audience of 1.22 billion.
- Top tier media including; Men’s Health, Esquire, GQ, Forbes, WIRED, Spy, Brides, Footwear News, WSJ and Robb Report, to name a few.
Influencer Case Studies
Dose & Co.
HJ-PR was tasked with finding 3000 micro influencers for the Dose & Co US launch and Khloe Kardashian partnership, encouraging influencers to try the product and post about it on their Instagram pages.
We found and vetted 3000 Micro Influencers (social followings between 10K – 150K), demographics:
- Gender: N/A
- Location: US nationwide
- Age: 21+
- Community: Lifestyle, Tastemaker, Mom’s and Fitness influencers who can speak to the taste of Dose & Co., the benefits and why they like it.
Vast engagement on the brand to coincide with the launch, whilst it was not a requirement, influencers had the option to promote Dose & Co. on their stories, which 80% did, tripling the amount of followers on Instagram in just 6 months.
HJ-PR was tasked with finding the right influencers for Vegan Fried Chicken entering the US market straight from the UK.
We were tasked with not only finding the usual vegan foodie / connoisseur but also the altruist community within the United States.
HJ-PR utilized their expertise to find these unicorns, approach them mindfully and make sure the brand stood out in the saturated market. Handled a launch campaign of 20+ influencers, managed to stay under budget and utilize our influencer platform as a tool to provide the client with valuable options.
- Over 100 pieces of content.
- EMV: $339,000 +.
- Raised awareness of the brand and drove traffic to the e-commerce platform where VFC was sold.
HJ-PR was tasked by The Swedish Cider Company to penetrate the UK market with their audacious cider new flavors in an attempt to conquer the new generation of cider aficionados.
HJ-PR vetted hundreds of influencers using analytics (fake follower count, audience in the UK, engagement rate, etc) as well as audience demographics to decide and present to the client which influencers they should work with.
Handled all of the negotiations, payments, communications, contracting, etc to make sure we hit every deadline and roll out content in a timely manner.
5 campaigns throughout 2022. High quality UGC that could be repurposed on their social media channels, elevate awareness on the main instagram and relevancy in the cider conversation within the UK.
HJ-PR was tasked with supporting Metalbird (a company that creates beautifully crafted art pieces of life-sized metal bird silhouettes) to recruit influencers in the United States to promote their artistic movement by posting engaging content on Instagram within a tight deadline of two months, and ultimately driving pre-Christmas sales.
We found and vetted 45 influencers, including one top-tier (social media following of 300k+), 24 mid-tier (social media following of 75k+) and 20 low-tier (social media following of 10 – 20k).
- Gender: N/A
- Location: U.S.
- Age: 30-35
- Community: Bird lovers, Outdoor enthusiast, Home & Garden, etc.
- 225 pieces of white-labeled content was created so Metalbird could use it across their own social media channels.
- The campaign generated $20k USD + in sales.
- The campaign had a potential audience reach of 14,101,008.
- HJ-PR was able to keep the campaign under the budget assigned for each influencer.
Sprayground NYFW Runway Show
HJ-PR were tasked with inviting and managing the guest list for Sprayground’s New York Fashion Week show, as well as gaining pre and post-event press coverage, and management of the red carpet.
Created a bespoke invite for the event and offered one-on-one interviews with the founder of Sprayground before and after the show. Ensured the guest list on the door, to seating guests on on the runway was a smooth process. Arranged Getty images to take images on the red carpet as well as the runway, offering them exclusivity on the event.
- Press guests secured included; Forbes, OK! Magazine, New York Post, MTV, The Independent, BET, Daily Mail, Billboard, to name a few.
- Celebrity and artists secured included; Cierra Ramirez (Good Trouble, HULU), Tati Gabrielle (You, The 100, Uncharted), Paloma Garcia-Lee (West Side Story), Lilia Buckingham (Hocus Pocus 2), Lucas Castellani (Castellani Show, Fox), Garrett Clayton (Hairspray), Bella Barbaro (Love Island USA Season 4), Kamryn Mickens (Love Island USA Season 3), Johnell Young (WuTang, Hulu), Dolores Catania (RHOBH), Arzo Anwar (Bravo TV Blood Sweat and Heels), Jason Cameron (Bravo TV Winter House), Chrissy Monroe (VH1 love and Hip Hop NY).
- Press coverage secured included; Forbes, Daily Mail, Bloomberg, Indy100, OK! Magazine, New York Post, Hollywood Life, Associated Press, Yahoo!
Sprayground LA Pop Up
HJ-PR was tasked with managing the event coordination for Sprayground’s 10-day pop-up, from start to finish.
For this project, we scouted many locations in LA, deciding on an open air basketball court in the middle of Melrose and Fairfax, where we worked closely with an LA-native artist to bring Sprayground’s design to life on the court. We secured x12 staff to rotate each day and help with stock, sales and activation assistance. We secured x5 activations for the court, with LA-owned brands, bringing more awareness and engagement to the pop-up, those activations included a dunk contest to win $1000 with local LA ballers, a Lowrider show and food trucks from popular Latino-owned companies, including Pink & Boujee.
- Press coverage included; Hollywood Life, LA Weekly, LA Magazine, LAist, Baller Status and Hype Magazine.
- X5 activations secured.